Registering a python function in C

fernando fernandofariajunior at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 19:11:49 EDT 2007

> Is Maya a different python build than what is contained at python.org?
> If so, I suggest you get your C program to work with the latest python
> build
> from python.org.  Then see if you can get it to work with the Maya
> version.

Ok, did that. If I write a normal C++ program and use the python
installed in my system, everything works ok and I can call the python
funtions. From within maya(where the C code is running as a plugin),
nothing happens. I tried removing my python installation so that only
the one that comes with maya is running, but then I have no python.h
or libs to compile against!! I found no help at the maya/python
newsgroup, is there anyone who has done this before???

Thanks for all the help!