Saving parameters between Python applications?

Stodge stodge at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:05:38 EDT 2007

I'm trying to do the following. I have a Python application that is
run:

python app1.py --location=c:\test1

What I want to do is save the location parameter, so I can then do (in
the same window):

python app2.py

And have app2.py automatically have access to the value of "location".

Now, the difficult part is, that in another window I want to do:

python app1.py --location=c:\test2
python app2.py

And have app2.py automatically get c:\test2 as the location. So the
two windows (consoles) are isolated from each other.

I thought I could use os.environ, but that doesn't save the variable
for applications that are run afterwards in the same window.

Any suggestions?

Thanks