SVG to raster conversion.

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Sep 17 05:51:52 EDT 2007

On 16 Sep, 19:50, "J. Cliff Dyer" <j... at sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> Thanks.  I can't find a gimp-python package for gimp-2.x anywhere
> though.  Does such a thing exist?

I noticed that my copy of The GIMP has Python extensions, and looking
at the package details...

http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/graphics/gimp-python

...I can see that the gimp-python capabilities are provided by the
source distribution for The GIMP itself. Perhaps you need to either
install a package such as gimp-python for your operating system
distribution or to configure and build The GIMP from source
appropriately: I imagine that there's an --enable-python option (or
something similar) for the configure script which has to find your
Python installation in order for the bindings/extensions to be built.

Paul

P.S. For batch conversion of SVG images I've successfully used the
ksvgtopng program supplied with KDE.