xml-rpc timeout

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Sep 21 13:38:20 EDT 2007

Jd wrote:
> Hi
>    I have a multi-threaded application. For certain operations to the
> server, I would like to explicitly set timeout so that I get correct
> status from the call and not timed out exception.
>    Does anyone know how to go about doing it ?

The easiest way is to use socket.setdefaulttimeout() to establish a
longer timeout period for all sockets, I guess. It's difficult to
establish different timeouts for individual sockets when they aren't
opened directly by your own code (though each socket does also have a
method to set its timeout period).

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline