PythonAlley.com

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Tue Sep 4 05:56:53 EDT 2007

dkeeney a écrit :
(snip)
> The Python community online now seems to have two major segments, the
> c.l.p newsgroup (here),
> and a large selection of blogs.  C.l.p is unmoderated and often
> hostile.
(snip)
> A moderated forum that gives recognition to the experienced and
> tolerance to newbies would be a good thing.

I'm surprised you find c.l.py an "hostile" place with no "tolerance to
newbies", since it known for being one of the most friendly and helpful
newsgroups on the comp.* usenet hierarchy - FWIW, may I quote some lines
of a recent thread here ?
"""
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I have never used google groups
before
and am so impressed with how helpful you all are. It is also lovely
that
none of you mock my little knowledge of Python but just want to
improve it.
"""

Also, please notice there's mailing-list for CS-newbies
(http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor), and quite a few web
forums, starting with http://python-forum.org, so I'm not sure a new one
is really that useful.

My 2 cents...