Processing drag & drop on the desktop

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Sep 16 18:42:20 EDT 2007

Thomas Jollans wrote:
> On Sunday 16 September 2007, Pierre Quentel wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I would like to create an application on a Windows machine, such that
>> when a document is dragged and dropped on the application icon on the
>> desktop, the document is processed by the application
>>
>> For instance, if I drag & drop an Outlook message or a PPT
>> presentation, the application would propose to tag the document with
>> keywords taken from a database
>>
>> Is it possible to do this with a Python script, and how ?
>
> Maybe the file name is passed as a command-line argument ?

This may give you some information that help, but it's not file-based.
You should be able to at least use it to explore the interface to
Windows Explorer, though:

http://fraca7.free.fr/blog/index.php?2006/11/15/53-thunderbird-drag-and-drop-with-wxpython

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline