Simple threading example freezes IDLE?

Sergio Correia sergio.correia at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:50:42 EDT 2007

I think the -print- command, as used in IDLE, is not thread-safe. I
was bitten by an issue like that today, and the problem ended up being
the -print- command I used.

On the cmd line, it works per-fect-ly.. but IDLE seems to be the culprit.
A possible answer seems to be to write a wrapper for print that makes
it thread safe (with the help of a lock.