A question on python performance.

Magnus Lycka lycka at carmen.se
Fri Sep 28 04:49:51 EDT 2007

Joe Goldthwaite wrote:
> I didn't know about the getattr function. I tried to search for that
> type of function but not knowing how to word the search request,
> I couldn't find it.

You should really read through chapter 2 (Built-in Objects) of the
library reference. All that stuff is core Python functionality that
you should be aware of. Reading chapter 3 (Built-in Types) is also
a really good idea. A lot of the rest is good too, but there is
really no excuse for not knowing the contents of those chapters. ;)
It's just a few pages, and very useful to know. Read them now!