I MEANT ONIX.... [it was Re: ONYX]

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Sep 20 08:50:10 EDT 2007

korovev76 at gmail.com schrieb:
> On 20 Set, 12:55, Bruno Desthuilliers <bruno.
> 42.desthuilli... at wtf.websiteburo.oops.com> wrote:
>
>> First question : do you *really* need a validating parser ?
>>
> that's what they told me ("they" being "da boss")... I mean: i have to
> validate and to parse... i guess you can't do it at the same time, can
> you?
>

>> Second question : did you try to google for
>>    "+Python +validating +XML +parser"
>
> I've already googled it, and found pyRXP... but  I was looking for
> someone/something already experienced with onix...

Well, it's XML with a DTD. Not much to see there. Nobody is going to
help you generate and/or process it, as the application is _very_
domain-specific and unlikely to have some pre-built support libs.

However, using python you should be in an excellent position to create
one for yourself - and maybe share, if "da boss" allows it.

Diez