Building Binary Packages

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:00:20 EDT 2007

On Oct 10, 11:53 am, "Jim B. Wilson" <wil... at afn.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:35:35 +0000, kyosohma wrote:
> > I am trying to figure out how to build binaries for Python packages and
> > I've done it with MinGW.
>
> Apparently, you still can:http://tinyurl.com/yb4bps

I had an acquaintance look at that information who has way more
experience in compiling extensions than I do. He says:

"MinGW seems to usually link to msvcrt.dll and the Python
distributions link to msvcr71.dll. It might be possible to convince
MinGW to use msvcr71.dll by editing the specs config file but I think
it will still link to msvcrt.dll in some cases, possibly alongside
msvcr71.dll which makes this quite a mess to debug."

Does anyone know if this is an issue?

Mike