external access to instances

Ladislav Andel ladaan at iptel.org
Thu Oct 11 18:10:20 EDT 2007

Hello,
I have an application which is running in a loop(client/server app using
twisted and reactor) and where are kept list of instances in memory.
Each instance has it's own loop and it periodically sends requests to
given network endpoints.
I would like to use a tool(module) which accesses this list of instances
and the access would be quite occasional because it would be based
on committing changes manually.
How could I get to the list of instances since the tool is not running
in the main loop of the application?
There should be probably something listening in the main loop and if I
want to commit changes it would access the main loop and add or delete
an instance from the list. (adding and deleting is against database so I
just need simply to run the function in the main loop which will do the
update)

Any ideas with working approach?

Thank you.
Lada