Python Windows Installation

TheFlyingDutchman zzbbaadd at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 13:36:36 EDT 2007

On Oct 24, 11:22 pm, Tim Roberts <t... at probo.com> wrote:
> TheFlyingDutchman <zzbba... at aol.com> wrote:
>
> >I am trying to install Python 2.5 on Windows XP. It installs into the
> >root directory on C:\ instead of C:\Python25 which it shows by default
> >as what it plans to install to. Selecting D:\Python25 on a previous
> >iteration put the exe in D:\ and did not create a Python25 directory.
>
> Where did you get the installer?  I've installed Python on Windows many,
> many times, and have never seen this issue.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t... at probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

from python.org.   I doubt many people get this or it would be fixed
but it still is shocking how it can prompt me that the installation
directory exists - showing that it fully knows where it is supposed to
install it - and then go ahead and install it to the root directory
and claim success. It also uninstalls Python if you ask it to so any
screwy settings from a previous install should be removed after the
uninstall, but it also fails to install correctly after an uninstall.