module confusion

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch bj_666 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 5 03:41:40 EDT 2007

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 19:51:05 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> It is not the _name_ that is being reassigned, it is the _variable_ that
> the name is bound to. All names in Python are bound to variables at all
> times.

I think this is the source of the confusion.  Most people don't seem
to share your definition of `variable` above.

To me a `variable` is made of a name, a memory address, a data type, and
a value.  In languages like C the address and type are attached to the
name while in Python both are attached to the value.

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch