Cross-compiling porting of io.h, distutils compilator argument

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Oct 23 09:39:41 EDT 2007

On 23 Okt, 15:20, Otacon22 <otaco... at email.it> wrote:

> If someone know how i can also directly use the gcc cross-compilator
> to build the module, without using distutils, but i need also to know
> when i compile it, then howto use on python as library.

I think that this bug/patch is the most promising for cross-compiling
Python, although I'm not sure if it meets your requirements exactly:

http://bugs.python.org/issue1597850

Perhaps Python 2.6 will get improved cross-compilation support with
this patch applied.

Meanwhile, the following patch says this about distutils: "Although
scons doesn't support cross-builds either, it at least doesn't prevent
them."

http://bugs.python.org/issue841454

I know of patches which support cross-compilation using cmake as well,
although I don't see the core developers embracing things like SCons
or cmake in preference to distutils, regardless of any lack of support
distutils might have in this area.

Paul