parallel NumPy: PyMPI, myMPI or something else?

smithken04 at yahoo.com smithken04 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 17:17:26 EDT 2007

Hi!

I am trying to find my way to a running parallel NumPy installation.
Can you help me getting started wihtout losing my way several times?

PyMPI and myMPI are apperently not too actively developed. Is this
true? Are they mature enough so that they don't need any more updates?
Have they been replaced by more recent modules?

Then, if I have NumPy running with PyMPI or whatever, is NumPy already
optimized for a MPI environment so that for example matrix
multiplication, iterative solvers etc. are automatically distributed?
Or do I have to split each problem myself to make use of the
parallelism?

Thank you
Ken