Select as dictionary...

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Oct 2 20:51:43 EDT 2007

Abandoned wrote:
> Also if i need a list id what can i do ?
>
> aia.execute("SELECT id, w from list")
> links=aia.fetchall()
>
> I want to..
>
> idlist=[1, 2, 3] ( I don't want to use FOR and APPEND because the
> query have 2 million result and i want to speed)

It may not be practical for your algorithm, but I want to point out that
at this sort of query size it's much better (when you can) to repeatedly
call the execution cursor's fetchmany() method repeatedly. This avoids
having to allocate sufficient memory space to hold the whole query's output.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119

Sorry, the dog ate my .sigline