redundancy_check

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Oct 30 20:36:09 EDT 2007

En Tue, 30 Oct 2007 09:14:08 -0300, Beema shafreen
<beema.shafreen at gmail.com> escribió:

> hi everbody,
>                 I have a file,
>  a             b                      c
> 1454    VALTGLTVAEYFR    8.9954e-07
> 1454    VALTGLTVAEYFR    0.00404626
> 1498    STLTDSLVSK    0.00404626
> 1505    TIAMDGTEGLVR    1.50931e-05
> 1528    GAEISAILEER    0.00055542
> 1528    GAEISAILEER    0.00055542
> 1538    YPIEHGIITNWDDMEK    0.0180397
> 1540    YPIEHGIITNWDDMEK    3.69329e-05
> 1552    AQIVGGFPIDISEAPYQISLR    0.015136
>

> The file has redundancy in lines ,  I have to print the line without
> redundancy on consideration to the column c of the two lines which are
> redundant and those that are having column c  lesser value than the
> other.
> how do i do it.

A manual, step-by-step procedure:

1) Open the file: f = open(...)
2) Iterate over the file contents: for line in f:
3) Split each line in its three fields: line.split() -> a,b,c
4) Remember to convert c to float
5) Append (a,b,c) to some list L (which should start empty)
6) When finished, sort the list: L.sort()
7) Iterate over L items: for a,b,c in L, keeping track of "previous" a and
b values
8) If either a or b changed, print a, b and c.
9) Update the "previous" a and b values
10) When finished with L, you're done.

--
Gabriel Genellina