A class question

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 01:51:39 EDT 2007

> While Java's variable declarations bear a superficial (syntactical)
> similarity to C, their semantics is in fact equivalent to the
> object-reference semantics we know in Python.

I come from Z80A/GWBASIC/VB and a little C, I would describe a Python
variable as a pointer - in that it contains the address of something.
What that "something" is, is a little fuzzy. Right now I imagine it's to a
kind of structure which has meta info about the object as well as it's
actual address.

How far off would that be?

\d