where is pkg_resources (setuptools) looking for entry_points.txt

seb.haase at gmail.com seb.haase at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 17:44:05 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm trying to use an egg packages (pyOpenGL)  as a "normal
package" (by unzipping the egg into a directory).
Generally this seems to work fine, except one init-step is missing.

>From setuptools I got the pkg_resources.py file.
But now the package is not properly initialized, because
iter_entry_points() in pkg_resources  does not find the corresponding
entry_points.txt file needed to setup some intial configuration...
(array handlers for pyOpenGL)

Is there a default directory name or an environment variably or maybe
the (ominous? ) __main__.__require  variable  that I can use to have
the entry_points text read ?

(I would even be willing to "manually"  load the entry_points.txt file
and feed it into some pkg_resources related variable to make it happy
[before I import my package] )

Thanks,
Sebastian Haase