RMI with Pyro et al

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 11 19:34:40 EDT 2007

Sells, Fred wrote:
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote
> . Why do you want that (hot deploy)
>> anyway? Does startuptime of a script really bother you?
>> shouldn't take
>> more than a few seconds.
>
> My primary need is development/debug.  I'm a Pyro newbie and I add a
> feature and then test.  The only way I've found to kill the Pyro server
> on XP is to open the task manager and kill the python task (hopefully
> the right one).

How do you start "the pyro server"?
Are you talking about the Windows Services that you can simply start/stop with:

net start PyroNS
net start PyroES

net stop PyroNS
net stop PyroES

??

Often it is way simpler to just use the pyro-ns.cmd / pyro-es.cmd batch files and stop
the server with a simple ^C in the console window.

-irmen