Yet another comparison of Python Web Frameworks

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sat Oct 13 20:32:51 EDT 2007

On Oct 6, 8:29 am, Michele Simionato <michele.simion... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Do you (or something else) have something to say about Beaker?
> I looked at the source code and it seems fine to me, but I have
> not used it directly, not stressed it. I need a
> production-level WSGI session middleware and I wonder what the
> players are (for instance how Beaker does compare with flup?)

Beaker is the only seriously maintained WSGI session at the moment --
flup isn't, AFAIK, very actively maintained or improved.
paste.session is a particularly naive implementation of sessions.

So as a result, Beaker is kind of the only game in town.
Incidentally, it's not really related to SQLAlchemy; it came out of
Myghty.  Same author, of course, but fairly different domains.

  Ian