List of objects X Database

MindMaster32 egermani at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:01:18 EDT 2007

I am writing a script that has to read data from an ASCII file of
about 50 Mb and do a lot of searches and calculations with that data.
That would be a classic problem solved by the use of a database
(SQLite would suit just fine), but that would require the user to
install more packages other than python itself, and that I am trying
to avoid.
Since the data is not too large, I wonder if there is another way to
store all data in memory and work with it more or less like a
database, doing searches and working with datafields.

This is not clear to me how can be implemented. I thought of creating
a class with the data structure, and creating a list of objects of
that class, each one containing one line of data from the "database".

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Eduardo