ANN: Veusz 1.0 - a scientific plotting package

Jeremy Sanders jeremy+complangpython at jeremysanders.net
Mon Oct 29 06:34:40 EDT 2007

Wildemar Wildenburger wrote:

> Not that I don't value your effort, but why another plotting package
> while we have pyx and matplotlib already?

In addition to the Python based scripting command line and embedding
interface, it has a powerful graphical user interface for constructing
plots and importing data.  Neither matplotlib or pyx have this.
This is the main feature. It was originally intended to be mainly
command-line based, but I've found the GUI to be my main way of using it.

At the time of the first release of Veusz, and for quite long after,
matplotlib was too primitive to use as a backend for Veusz (see previous
threads on this subject). Maybe that has changed now, but IMHO Veusz output
still looks better.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders