crontab library

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:37:08 EDT 2007

2007/10/24, Martin Marcher <martin at marcher.name>:
> Hello,
>
> is anyone aware of a crontab library.
>
> Possibly even more complete, something that will let me
> create/manipulate/delete crontab entries in a nice way and install the
> new crontab accordingly.
>
> I had a look at the crontab docs and never realized how complex it
> actually is. So before I spend time in creating such a thing maybe
> someone did it already :)

When you say complex, are you talking about the possible ways to
define when your job runs ? You could use a parser for the time format
it uses, like this:
http://umit.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/umit/branch/ggpolo/umitCore/CronParser.py?revision=1175&view=markup

I believe using this parser or some other would cut all the
difficulty, then it is all about creating a gui/cli/etc based on it or
extend it.. it is up to you =)

> thanks
> martin
>
> --