The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Bent C Dalager bcd at pvv.ntnu.no
Wed Oct 3 17:09:43 EDT 2007

In article <Vq-dnfzSmOiOn5nanZ2dnUVZ_g6dnZ2d at insightbb.com>,
rjack  <rjack at com> wrote:
>Webster? WEBSTER. . . ?
>
>Whatever happened to the Oxford English Dictionary ?

It suffers from not being in my "dict" installation I suppose.

>Seems to me the English have always spoken the definitive
>English. . . that's why they call it ENGLISH.

Unfortunately, these days English almost always means American English
and if you want British English you have to specify that explicitly.

But I don't actually think that the difference is significant to the
current controversy surrounding the interpretation of the word "free".

Cheers
	Bent D
--
Bent Dalager - bcd at pvv.org - http://www.pvv.org/~bcd