Python Magazine: Issue 1 Free!

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 10:59:46 EDT 2007

On Oct 5, 9:44 am, Grant Edwards <gra... at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2007-10-05, Steve Holden <st... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
>
> > I've just been told by the editors at Python Magazine that the first
> > issue is out.
>
> The first issue is issue number 10?
>
> That's a bit silly.
>
> --
> Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I can't decide which
>                                   at               WRONG TURN to make first!!
>                                visi.com            I wonder if BOB GUCCIONE
>                                                    has these problems!

Probably Issue 10 as in "issued in October, being the 10th month", so
this is more of an id than it is a sequential index number.  Just like
a social security number of 123-45-6789 does not mean you are the
123,456,789th human born since the beginning of the SS system.

But I grant that Issue number does have some connotation of sequence
to it, and if the next issue is something like 2 or 8, or really
anything other than 11, now THAT would be silly.  And I'm sure that in
the future, when people are trying to amass the complete set of Python
Magazines, they'll wonder why those issues 1-9 of the first volume are
so hard to come by.

But I suspect that, come January, we will see the release of Vol 2,
Issue 1.  Just an artifact of having the first issue come out in some
month other than January.

-- Paul