NUCULAR fielded text searchable indexing

Tue Oct 9 09:39:00 EDT 2007

On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:46:34 +0000, Istvan Albert wrote:

> On Oct 9, 7:26 am, aaron.watt... at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> No, it doesn't stand for anything.
>
> It also reminds me of someone we all know, and I wish it didn't.
>
> As the latin proverb says "Nomen est omen". Calling your package
> "docindexer" would draw a lot more people. It is hard to justify to a
> third party that a project named "nucular" actually does something
> useful.

Yeah, like those crappy products "Linux", "Lisp", "Apache", "Windows",
"Java", "Google", "Yahoo" and especially "Python". Can you imagine trying
to tell your boss that you want to use something called "Python" for your
programming project?

*wink*

--
Steven.