why did MIT drop scheme for python in intro to computing?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Oct 10 15:10:52 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-10, Ashish Hanwadikar <ahanwadi at comcast.net> wrote:

>> However, Tk has been largely abandoned in favor of a native
>> GTK+ binding
>>
>>  http://www.stklos.org/
>
> I couldn't find any documentation on stklos (other than a few
> examples) regarding its gtk+ binding. Could you please point
> me to appropriate link?

I don't know of any other documentation for stklos/gtk.  You
could ask on the stklos mailing list.

FWIW, here are some other Scheme implimentations with GTK
bindings:

 http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gtk/
 http://www-sop.inria.fr/mimosa/fp/Bigloo/
 http://practical-scheme.net/gauche/

There may be more, bot those are what Google found me in a
couple minutes time.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I've got an IDEA!!
                                  at               Why don't I STARE at you