ANN: magnitude 0.9.1

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 16 08:18:14 EDT 2007

Laurent Pointal <laurent.pointal at limsi.fr> writes:

> juan at juanreyero.com a écrit :
> > I am happy to announce the first release of magnitude, a library
> > for computing with physical quantities. It is released under the
> > Apache v. 2 license.
> > [...]
> > Home page: http://juanreyero.com/magnitude/
>
> How does it compare to the scalar module ?
> (see http://russp.us/scalar.htm )

My first response is that its web page appearance compares very
favourably. (Those backgrounds! Ugh!)

My second is that (as of a few hours ago) the magnitude documentation
doesn't make the 'from foo import *' mistake that scalar does :-)

--
 \      "God forbid that any book should be banned. The practice is as |
  `\               indefensible as infanticide."  -- Dame Rebecca West |