Finding Peoples' Names in Files

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 12:11:14 EDT 2007

cokofreedom at gmail.com wrote:

> However...how can you know it is a name...

OK, I admitted in my first post that it was a crazy question, but if one
could find an answer, one would be onto something. Maybe it's not a 100%
answerable question, but I would guess that it is an 80% answerable
question... I just don't know how... yet :)

Besides admitting that it's a crazy question, I should stop and explain
how it would be useful to me at least. Is a credit card number itself
valuable? I would think not. One can easily re and luhn check for credit
card numbers located in files with a great degree of accuracy, but a
number without a name is not very useful to me. So, if one could
associate names to luhn checked numbers automatically, then one would be
onto something. Or at least say, "hey, this file has luhn validated CCs
*AND* it seems to have people's names in it as well." Now then, I'd have
less to review or perhaps as much as I have now, but I could push the
files with numbers and names to the top of the list so that they would
be reviewed first.

Brad