Setting value of Python variable in a Python C extension

MD manasd at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:42:27 EDT 2007

Hi Carsten,
    Thanks for your reply. I am a newbie on Python so your help is
much appreciated. My program structure is basically like this .....
(rough representation)
test.py
   var1 = ""
   rc = func1 (var1)

test.c
    func1(*v1) {
    strcpy(v1, "Hello World");
}

So basically I want to modify value of "var1" in the function "func1"
defined in test.c. Is this possible?

Thanks,
-Manas