ANN: magnitude 0.9.2

juan at juanreyero.com juan at juanreyero.com
Thu Oct 18 09:25:20 EDT 2007

Thomas Heller <theller at ctypes.org> writes:
> - "physical", not "phisical" ;-)

I see a worrisome pattern starting to emerge :-).  Thanks.

> - you raise string exceptions in various places; these are
> deprecated and should not be used.  Also it is very
> difficult to catch them.

Yes, I believe it is the last big thing before I am fully
PEP8-compliant.  I'll change it and make a new release as
soon as I can.

> - ScientificPython from Konrad Hinsen also contains a
> somewhat similar module.  IIRC, it is named
> PhysicalQuantities.

It is very similar to magnitude.  Same approach, almost the
same API.

>  You might look into that and mention it on the homepage.

Done.  I will eventually have to stop adding references to
alternatives, but so far so good.

jm