Memory Problems in Windows 2003 Server

amdescombes amdescombes at spad.eu
Fri Oct 12 09:36:24 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am using Python 2.5.1
I have an application that reads a file and generates a key in a
dictionary for each line it reads. I have managed to read a 1GB file and
generate more than 8 million keys on an Windows XP machine with only 1GB
of memory and all works as expected. When I use the same program on a
Windows 2003 Server with 2GB of RAM I start getting MemoryError exceptions!
I have tried setting the IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE on both
Python.exe and Python25.dll and setting the /3GB flag on the boot.ini
file to no avail. I still get the MemoryError exceptions.

Has anybody encountered this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

Best Regards,

André M. Descombes