Enso or Launchy like UI from Python

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:11:01 EDT 2007

On Oct 19, 3:45 am, zooey <macrovid... at naver.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I want to make transparent/launcher-like window application using python.
>
> (similar as Enso, Launchy, etc. I know Enso written in python.)
>
> Is there any open source project like it or any example?
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Aaron.
>
> --

I know wxPython has the ability to make any of its windows semi-
transparent or completely transparent and I would assume that the
other major Python GUI toolkits can do so as well.

All you'd really need to do is use glob.glob to get the shortcuts from
whatever directories you want and then do auto-complete when the user
tries to type a name. I think the subprocess module would probably be
your best bet for launching the applications.

Mike