Starting a thread before wxPython bootup ... interesting.

Shafik shafik23 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 12:52:49 EDT 2007

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue with mixing wxPython and threading ... I realize
multi-threading always introduces subtle bugs, but the following
scenario is just odd:

I start a dummy thread, that does nothing but increment a counter and
print its value to the screen, then afterwards, I start the wxPython
application. I get nothing but weird behavior: sometimes the gui just
crashes, sometimes I get an exception, sometimes it runs for a little
but very slowly ...

Anyone know whats going on? I have a dual-core T5500, so multi
threading is piece of cake for it hardware -wise.

Cheers,
--Shafik