pytz has so many timezones!

Sanjay skpatel20 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 02:05:45 EDT 2007

> It's not clear at all from the OPs post exactly what functionality he
> is trying to derive from the timezone. Since timezones (obviously)
> contain more information than just the GMT offset (otherwise we
> wouldn't even have them), he may very well want to use the timezone
> given by the user to display correct local time to them. In this case,
> the actual, correct, political timezone is important, not just the GMT
> offset.

I am developing a website which would be accessed by members all over
the world. They can exchange data having some time fields, say
'schedule for next meeting'. Whenever somebody feeds some time field,
my application converts it to UTC and stores in the database. Later,
when the data is to be displayed to some member, the application
converts it to his local time, and displays the data.

thanks
Sanjay