Dynamic and lazy import

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Oct 17 10:15:49 EDT 2007

>> Diez
>
> Well, I would like to be able to use "setuptools", but the problem is
> that I can't.
> Cause the administrator do not want us to be able to add lib in python
> dir.
> So we have to create our own library directory...

That doesn't matter, setuptools is capable of installing anywhere - you just
have to setup _one_ PYTHONPATH (e.g. ~/.python24_packages) and then specify
that when installing the eggs.

> Moreover, I haven't seen in distutils how it manage different version
> of the same library; as far as I know, It just replace the old one by
> the newest one... and that's not really what I want.

Well, you might consider my statement in the last post as hint that you
didn't look properly. It CAN and will install sereval versions in parallel,
and allow for previous selection. GIYF.

Diez