Is there a nicer way to do this?

Victor B. Gonzalez python.comp.lang.id982 at vbgunz.com
Thu Oct 4 18:17:52 EDT 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 5:07:51 pm Stefan Arentz wrote:
> Is there a better way to do the following?
>
> attributes = ['foo', 'bar']
>
> attributeNames = {}
> n = 1
> for attribute in attributes:
>    attributeNames["AttributeName.%d" % n] = attribute
>    n = n + 1
>
> It works, but I am wondering if there is a more pythonic way to
> do this.
>
>  S.

just curious. why are you bothering in creating a dictionary? why not just
iterate over attributes? why duplicate it and make it bigger? I personally
think the dictionary is unnecessary but I may be wrong.

anyhow, I keep getting "SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xc2'..." on line 5.
anyone know what this is? I couldn't run the script but from looking at it,
it appears you're making some pointless keys when indexes may be better.

--
Best Regards
Victor B. Gonzalez