python2.5 and mysqldb

writeson doug.farrell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:22:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

At work we're using python2.3 and I'd like to start getting us moved
up to python2.5. We run Centos4 which is the free, open source version
of RedHat Enterprise. I've got python2.5 installed on this machine,
but am stuck trying to get mysqldb installed and running on this
machine. I've tried with easy_install and by building from the tar
file and both return a long list of errors from a gcc compile. I'm not
sure what to do next to resolve this issue, so if anyone could give me
some guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Doug