How popular is Django ?

Thomas Guettler guettli.usenet at thomas-guettler.de
Mon Oct 1 11:06:26 EDT 2007

seb.haase at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was surprised when I did a google-groups search for python,
> (
> http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=python&qt_s=Search+Groups
> )
> it shows these groups:
> comp.lang.python  with about 11000 users,
> and second,
> Django users
> Discussion group for Django users. Django is a high-level Python
> Web ...
>
> with 6500 members !!!!

comp.lang.python is a usenet group.

django-users is a mailinglist hosted by google.

The number of django-users subscribers can be calculated by google.
But the number of comp.lang.python users can only be guessed.

BTW: I think django is popular. There is a lot of traffic on the list. I
like django, too.

 Thomas

--
Thomas Güttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/ http://www.tbz-pariv.de/