Python Interview Questions

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 30 18:14:17 EDT 2007

Krypto <krypto.wizard at gmail.com> writes:

> I am now appearing for Job Interviews these days and I am wondering
> if anybody of you appeared for a Python Interview. Can you please
> share the questions you were asked. That will be great help to me.

I've given some interviews for programming positions. I find it
worthless to ask questions about the language; instead, I ask the
applicant *what they've done* with the language.

Then, I ask them to write some code, usually something simple but
poorly-specified, and observe their approach to the task. That tells
me far more about their knowledge of the language than answers to quiz
questions; it also tells me far more about them as a programmer, which
is what I actually care about.

--
 \               "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more |
  `\      complex... It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage |