Python and UML

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Oct 9 06:15:17 EDT 2007

 aine_canby at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with Python2.5 and pythonWin.
>
> I'd like to start working with and learning more with UML. Can anyone
> suggest any freeware design software that I might use to do this? I
> also have
> Visio installed on my computer if thats of any use...

ArgoUML as modelling tool. The python-IDE eric also generates UML from
class-hierarchies.

IMHO UML is ... crap, at least when it comes to actual developing. But apart
from that very personal opinion, the non-static-typedness of Python makes
it hard to bring UML to it's full (however small that is in my POV) power.

Diez