Finding Peoples' Names in Files

Francesco Guerrieri f.guerrieri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:50:02 EDT 2007

On 10/11/07, brad <byte8bits at gmail.com> wrote:
> cokofreedom at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Oct 11, 5:22 pm, brad <byte8b... at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Crazy question, but has anyone attempted this or seen Python code that
> >> does? For example, if a text file contained 'Guido' and or 'Robert' and
> >> or 'Susan', then we should return True, otherwise return False.
> >
> > Can't you just use the string function .findall() ?
> >

> I mean *any* possible person's name... I don't *know* the names
> beforehand :)

"I cannot combine some characters

dhcmrlchtdj

      which the divine Library has not foreseen and which in one of
its secret tongues do not contain a terrible meaning. No one can
articulate a syllable which is not filled with tenderness and fear,
which is not, in one of these languages, the powerful name of a god."

Jorge Luis Borges, The Library of Babel