cgi scripts in Mac OS X

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Sat Oct 20 13:24:45 EDT 2007

Your web server needs to be told to execute Python scripts.  You can
handle it a few different ways, depending on your environment.

1. Place your .py script inside of a ScriptAlias'd /cgi-bin/ directory
which will force it to be executed.

2. Rename your .py script to .cgi and add an 'AddHandler cgi-script
.cgi' to your Apache configuration

3. Add an AddHandler cgi-script .py to your Apache configuration.

This of course assumes that Apache is configured in a way that would
allow execution and whatnot.  Do yourself a favor and give
'http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/howto/cgi.html' a read over as it's
going to cover a lot more than I just did.

Jeff