CGI and external JavaScript nightmare

IamIan iansan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 02:23:06 EDT 2007

My website is built from a Python CGI and works great. I'm now
including Google Ads, which requires two pieces of JavaScript; the
first contains the display settings for the ads, and the second piece
is a very lengthy garbled js file at http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js

The first piece of JavaScript works fine and the ads display
correctly, however the second file throws an "unterminated string
literal" js error. Looking at it you can see a healthy amount of both
single and double quotes, which is where my problem lies.

What is the best way to get the second js file into a nice printable/
usable format? cgi.escape? xml.sax.saxutils.quoteattr? String
substitution? I could use some guidance.

Thank you!