python autoconf macro for building ming extension

Thu Oct 4 04:19:47 EDT 2007

In message <mailman.1473.1191434921.2658.python-list at python.org>, Daniel
Nogradi wrote:

> It might be slightly off topic here but couldn't find a more suitable
> place for this question:
>
> I'm trying to build the python binding for ming -- http://ming.sf.net
> -- but for some reason the python macro for autoconf -- python.m4 --
> doesn't seem to detect my python installation correctly. The strange
> thing is that it seemingly detects everything correctly, but a final
> check still fails. I have the python 2.5 source distribution installed
> to /usr/local the standard location.
>
> Configuring ming fails with:
>
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for python2.5... (cached) /usr/local/bin/python
> checking for a version of Python >= '2.1.0'... yes
> checking for the distutils Python package... yes
> checking for Python include path... -I/usr/local/include/python2.5
> checking for Python library path... -L/usr/local/lib/python2.5 -lpython2.5
> checking for Python site-packages path...
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages checking python extra libraries...
> -lpthread -ldl -lutil checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker
> -export-dynamic
> checking consistency of all components of python development
> environment... no

It's saying the components are not consistent. Perhaps the includes are not
consistent with the libraries or the Python executable. Have you managed to
build Python bindings for anything else?