round-trip from egg to code and back to egg

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Mon Oct 8 18:20:54 EDT 2007

Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
> Catherine a écrit :
>> Three possibilities come to mind -
>>
>> 1. I'm missing something simple
>
> Probably. I'd say, something like unzip <your-egg-file>.egg !-)

    That's generally the solution to "egg" files.  They usually
do the wrong thing, and the "egg" system is still in beta.
They're really .zip files, so just unzip them and ignore the
"egg" crap.

    My experience is that every .egg file adds about a half
hour of headaches to an install, since you have to figure
out why it didn't work, or why Python is still using the
old version, or something.

				John Nagle