The Modernization of Emacs: terminology buffer and keybinding

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Mon Oct 1 16:21:59 EDT 2007

Ken Tilton a écrit :

> Matthias Benkard wrote:
>
>>> So this has nothing to
>>> do with freedom in /any/ sense of the word, it has to do with a
>>> political agenda opposed to the idea of private property.
>>
>> Freedom is inherently political, you know.  You're condemning the FSF
>> for being political, although the FSF's stated purpose is a political
>> one.
>
> Oh, I missed that. I just saw something about software should be shared
> and programmers should be content with an hourly wage, not sales.

Nothing forces you to use GPL code, isn't it ? If that code was under a
proprietary licence, you would not use it without paying the price,
because then you'd be *stealing* code ? And since you have a deep
respect for intellectual property, copyright laws etc, you would not, by
any mean, *steal* code by not respecting the licence terms ? Do we agree
on this ? Yes ? Fine. Then how dare you complain about the fact that the
GPL don't let you steal code ? Don't you feel something like a
contradiction here ? Too bad that you can't have your cake and eat it too...