A Python 3000 Question

brad byte8bits at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:26:06 EDT 2007

Rob Wolfe wrote:

> I wonder why people always complain about `len` function but never
> about `iter` or `pprint.pprint`? :)

Not complaining. len is simple and understandable and IMO fits nicely
with split(), strip(), etc... that's why I used it as an example, but
list(), etc. could be used as examples as well:

a_string.list() instead of list(a_string)

> And to answer the question. In OO programming generic functions
> are no less important than classes and objects.

Do they not take away from the OOness of the overall language and
introduce inconsistencies?