tkinter question

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sun Oct 7 12:09:16 EDT 2007

Hendrik van Rooyen wrote:
> "Kevin Walzer" <kw at codebykevin.com> wrote:
>
>> I find "pack" to be more flexible than "grid," so I prefer it for
>> complex layouts. "grid" is better for simple layouts.
>
> *does a double take*  are you serious? - my experience is that
> pack is only good for simple single row or single column stuff.
>
> - Hendrik

Well, I guess it depends on your viewpoint. I find "pack" flexible
because it allows me to think in terms of top, bottom, right, and left
in terms of arranging UI elements--it's an elegant way to do it in my
view. I tend to use "grid" if I have, say, a window with several
preference items: a label, an entry field, and a button, all arranged in
rows. "grid" is better for stuff like that, I agree.

See http://www.codebykevin.com/blosxom/business/phynchronicity-new.png:
this is an application I develop. The layout is all handled by "pack"
and paned windows. Where you you use "grid" in a layout like this?

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin